Monday, April 7, 2008

Wheelchair freedom

I work with a handful of people who use wheelchairs to get around; the nifty electric kind. I know they're glad for a good chair to use, and a few of them have a sense of humor about it that I enjoy. Case in point, two of my wheelchair using friends went on a trail with me on a nice day in Southwest Philly, and when the trail got bumpy, boy was it bumpy, we all laughed.

What you might not know is that there are one-hundred million people in the world who are waiting for a wheelchair to use. And here's a team that's doing something about it, for God. Check out these videos.

Ron Schoenberger and friends in California have a goal to send 20 million wheelchairs around the world. They're doing it to show people that God doesn't hate them and won't leave them unhelped. This is their way to begin to show people that Jesus loves them, one $50 wheelchair at a time. I love the creativity in this project.

No comments: